Saturday 2 October 2010

A kind gesture

8+ p.m.

"Hi ____, I am sorry I made a wrong order......(more details)...."

"Oh, I am not in office now, and am only back on Monday."

"Is it possible to at least hold the order such that there is no delivery on Monday? It is ok if the order can't be delivered on Tuesday as I am the one who mixed up the dates. It is also ok if I need to incur any cancellation charge."

"Oh it is not about the charges. The thing is I am not in office now to check and I cannot promise you anything. But yes I can hold your order."

"Ok thank you very much."



9+ p.m.

*Phone blinks (and not ring as it is on permanent silent mode)*

"Hi is this Ms Tay? I have called my manager and it is possible to switch your order to Tuesday at the same timing. Also, there are no charges to be incurred. "

"Really??? Thank you thank you!!!"

My, I am touched.. as I thought that the personnel picking up calls after working hours is already something.

Now this is service.


So often, people leave things as it is.

And I so needed the delivery as this is an order. By mum. And not often she ask me to do anything out of the ordinary. (Ordering online is not something ordinary I do, even though I know my friends are buying stuff online these days.)

And disappointing parents is something I tell myself I want to minimise from this children's day.

Now, maybe I should go wash those cups..

And I recommend ordering yumchaexpress online.

Not that I had a taste of the dim sum yet, but a good taste of the service.=D

No comments: